Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Winter Sowing


Here's the list of seeds sown in 2009 so far:

Swiss Chard
Radishes
Brussel Sprouts
Fennel
Kohl Rabi
Cockscomb
Four O'clocks
Shasta Daisy
Zinnias (2 varieties)
Calendulas (3 varieties)
Verbena
Gaillardia
Tomatoes
Snapdragons
Morning Glories
Scabiosa
Celosia
Mimulus

I also moved everything to the north end of the deck and made a little corral out of landscape timbers. I got some flats out of the shed and have grouped the containers into flats. That should make life a lot easier in the spring. In the past I've just put them on the table in a jumbled mess and spent a lot of time pawing through things trying to find all of one kind of plant. The only thing I'll have to think about is providing some shade later in the spring, unless I actually get my act together and get them planted before Memorial Day. (I can dream - can't I???)

No comments: