Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More fun with Photoscape




I entertained myself for a long time last night applying various filters to pictures in my files. Flower pictures work especially well with the color and monochrome engraving filter. Sometimes also the cartoon filter. People do NOT work at all with these. I will have to do more experimenting, but I suspect that learning about color manipulation will be useful in pictures of people. The cat pictures really lent themselves to the monochrome engraving filter. The brown cats worked well with the cartoon filter. On the other hand, Raquel, being almost solid black, was not a candidate for the cartoon filter. The impressionist filter worked well with any photo that had interesting areas of color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of The Pioneer Woman? I love her blog and she has a whole section on photography you might be interested in. Check it out if you'd like
Laura

ctb18 said...

I LOVE The Pioneer Woman! That's what inspired me to start playing around with Photoscape. I hope to spend more time this winter studying and learning about taking pictures and then manipulating them. Thanks for your comment!