Monday, March 1, 2010

Binky is IN!!!



Last Fall, I was busy talking to Spooky (so I thought) who was out by the pole barn when she brushed my leg. OK - if you're here, who's that??? That was our introduction to Binky. Since then, he has put on a steady campaign to become a house cat, including pawing at the back door and then at the dining room windows, meowing frantically all the while. Friday, February 26, he won!

So, after the requisite trip to the vet and layout of cash, Binky was pronounced healthy and ready to join the family. He is a neutered male, probably around 2 years old, 11 lbs, 4 oz, and has short black fur with a touch of white on his chest. He is a lover! He was also a yappy cat, but has hardly uttered a meow since he came in. (thankfully!)

Clovis wants to be friends but Binky is not too sure about that. Meanwhile, Raquel just does that low growl in her throat whenever he comes near. Today they all went into the Blue Room together and survived, so hopefully they'll bond soon. At least they aren't actually fighting, just walking cautiously around each other.

Typical of black cats, he is very hard to photograph. One of these days maybe I'll follow through on my resolution to learn more about photography so I can do my darlings justice.

No comments: