Thursday, January 3, 2013

God's Good Gifts - Mushrooms

This AM I watched a cooking show called "The Art of Food" about mushrooms, and it reminded me of my blog series about God's good gifts. The mushroom has been my trademark since Junior High, mainly because it's about the only thing I can draw that is recognizable! I love the classic mushroom look and when we first got married in 1980, we received many mushroom themed gifts.

The cooking show today featured wild and domestic mushrooms, some I had never heard of before, and I was struck with how this funny little object can add such flavor to food. Some mushrooms also have medicinal value. Of course, I can't ignore two other negative qualities - poison and hallucenogenic. So - stick to the mushrooms you find at the grocery store and you won't go astray!

No comments: