Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chicken Rice Soup

I made this soup for this year's hypertufa party and was very pleased with the end result.

Chicken broth - I used chicken soup base from Sam's Club, using half the recommended amount. (ex.-if it calls for 1 tsp per cup of water, I use 1/2 tsp.) I think any chicken broth or stock would be fine.

Rice - I cooked a batch of basmati rice in the microwave per the directions on the package.

Chicken - I bought a rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club and pulled all the meat off it.

Vegetables - I chopped up carrots, celery and onions and roasted them in the oven in some olive oil - 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes until they were tender.

I combined all of the above together in a large pot, brought it to a simmer, then left it on the burner on low for 3-4 hours until lunch time. A crockpot would also work well.

No comments: