Thursday, November 24, 2011

Aldi's Convert

I have dabbled with shopping at Aldi's over the years. After doing the bulk of my Thanksgiving shopping at Aldi's, I'm a full-fledged convert! There aren't a zillion choices,which cuts down on decision making. For most items it is take it or leave it!

Here are some of the bargains:

Butterball Turkey - $.99/lb.
Butter - $1.99/lb.
Ocean Spray Cranberries - $.99/bag (it was $2/bag at Wegman's)
Cream Cheese - $.89/8 oz. package
Choceur Truffles - $2.49/bag (treat for the cook! compare to Lindt - yum!)

So far, all the food items we have tried have been a good quality. About the only thing I've ever purchased that I wouldn't bother with again was the dish soap. It was wimpy. I really like the Lacura lip balm, lipstick and face powder.

So, bring a quarter for the shopping cart and put your tote bags in the car and prepare to save some $$$.

No comments: