Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lord's Day June 22, 2008

Our pastor is working his way through James.

Last week he focused on James 1:9 Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation. And what is the exaltation of a lowly or poor person?

1. We are an heir to a mansion in glory.
2. Jesus makes no financial requirements - salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone.
3. This is because of the richness of the ransom paid for my soul - Jesus dying for me!

Final conclusion - be rich in Christ!

This week he focused on James 1:10 and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. And what should the rich boast in?

1. What we've been given in Christ - His grace in spite of our sin and rebellion
2. Gratefulness for His provisions

Final conclusion - boast in God!

So, in light of all the random posts I've made on this blog, I just want to make it perfectly clear that the most important thing in my life is my relationship to God through Jesus, my Lord and my Saviour. He has saved me in spite of my sinfulness, and His grace is truly amazing to me. I've been blessed with a wonderful husband, a loving family, a safe and comfortable home, and more blessings than I have ambition to list, but at the very top of my list is Jesus, the Pearl of Great price!!!!!

No comments: