Saturday, June 21, 2008

Seen any good movies lately?

I love asking people what movies they've seen and their opinion of them. I've seen several lately, so here goes:

(theater) Prince Caspian - Wow! Loved it, even though they strayed from the book. I came out of the theater exhausted - all those battles. And Reepicheep - loved him!!!!

(theater) Indiana Jones - a hoot! Way over the top and completely unbelievable, but loads of fun.

(DVD) Flicka - very enjoyable and what a gorgeous horse. However, being a typical horse movie, I cryed buckets.

(DVD) Ella Enchanted - My favorite scene was Anne Hathaway singing Queen's "Find Me Somebody to Love". She is multi-talented for sure. Aside from the blatant "girl power" and "if you believe it hard enough you can do it" themes, which got tiresome, it was a cute and fun picture.

(DVD) Finding Neverland - Excellent! I never realized Peter Pan was originally a play. I thought it was a book. Anyhow, Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were great, and I felt like they were portraying characters, not just decorating the screen as "stars".

(DVD) Becoming Jane - A tad slow in spots, but interesting. I also enjoyed poking around the internet and finding out how much was fact and how much was conjecture. Plus, I could watch James McAvoy all day! I first saw him on a BBC mystery/thriller, and am a sucker for those blue eyes!

No comments: