Sunday, October 19, 2008

C.A.S.E. or Copy and Share Everything




I learned this lovely acronym at Stamp Camp. My teacher said it was from www.splitcoaststampers.com, a wonderful site to get ideas for paper crafting. My teacher retired from school-teaching about 10 years ago. Just before she finished, she was introduced to Stamping Up, a home-sales company for rubber stamps, inks, papers, and other supplies for paper crafting. Since then she has made a wonderful stamp camp studio in her basement. The usual drill is that about 9-12 ladies gather around and she shows us each project. The sample and materials for each are on a tray. Once she has demonstrated them all, she turns us loose! After about 2 or 3 hours of controlled chaos, we each come away with 5 or 6 completed items. The pictures are my finished projects from three seperate camps.

What I especially enjoy is seeing the final results. Even though we all start with the same ingredients, each person puts their own spin on things, so they are all slightly different. I've also learned that you can cover a multitude of sins with sponging and glitter!

No comments: